- Create a folder under onnxruntime/core/providers
- Create a folder under include/onnxruntime/core/providers, it should has the same name as the first step.
- Create a new class, which must inherit from IExecutionProvider. The source code should be put in ‘onnxruntime/core/providers/[your_provider_name]’
- Create a new header file under include/onnxruntime/core/providers/[your_provider_name]. The file should provide one function for creating an OrtProviderFactoryInterface. You may use ‘include/onnxruntime/core/providers/cpu/cpu_provider_factory.h’ as a template. You don’t need to provide a function for creating MemoryInfo.
- Put a symbols.txt under ‘onnxruntime/core/providers/[your_provider_name]’. The file should contain all the function names that would be exported from you provider. Usually, just a single function for creating provider factory is enough.
- Add your provider in onnxruntime_providers.cmake. Build it as a static lib.
- Add one line in cmake/onnxruntime.cmake, to the ‘target_link_libraries’ function call. Put your provider there.
- Create a factory for that provider, by using the c function you exported in ‘symbols.txt’
- Put the provider factory into session options
- Create session from that session option
OrtEnv* env; OrtInitialize(ORT_LOGGING_LEVEL_WARNING, "test", &env) OrtSessionOptions* session_option = OrtCreateSessionOptions(); OrtProviderFactoryInterface** factory; OrtCreateCUDAExecutionProviderFactory(0, &factory); OrtSessionOptionsAppendExecutionProvider(session_option, factory); OrtReleaseObject(factory); OrtCreateSession(env, model_path, session_option, &session);
To ease the testing of your execution provider, you can add a new case for it to the
onnx_test_runner command, do this by adding it to
onnxruntime/test/onnx/main.cc file, following the pattern for other existing providers.
Once you have this in place, you can run the
onnx_test_runner, like this:
$ cd build/PLATFORM/CONFIGURATION $ ./onnx_test_runner -e YOUR_BACKEND ./testdata/ort_minimal_e2e_test_data/ $ ./onnx_test_runner -e YOUR_BACKEND ./testdata/gemm_activation_fusion/